Director of Accreditation (DoA)
Since January 13th, 2022, Matthew Kitching has been appointed DoA.
Read more about the tasks of the DoA
- Reporting to BoD about the changes needed for keeping the Agency’s accreditation procedures and external and internal quality processes in line with European Standards and Guidelines;
- Proposing changes to the accreditation procedures, to be confirmed by the BoD;
- Representing the Agency during meetings about accreditation with (potential) Members;
- Informing the Members and other institutions about the accreditation procedures;
- Organizes the training of the Reviewers;
- Being the liaison person on accreditation issues for the Members seeking accreditation of their programmes;
- Receiving any request from Members for accreditation;
- Making and updating the overall planning of the review visits;
- Analyzing the application for accreditation on the conformity to the Agency’s accreditation criteria and readiness of the Member for the next step of the accreditation process, and giving feedback to the Member seeking accreditation;
- Deciding on the length, the format, and the number of Reviewers in a Review Team;
- Appointing the members of a Review Team and giving them access to all relevant information;
- Appointing the Senior Reviewer who will review the Mid-Cycle Report (MCR), submitted by an accredited Institution;
- Organizes the checking of any Review Visit Report (RVR) by the team of Senior Reviewers before it is submitted to the Institution;
- Communicating the final decision about accreditation, as taken by the BoC, to the Member;
- Keeping records on accredited programmes of the Members;
- Prepares an annual report about his/her activities to the AGM;
- Executing all special tasks given to him/her by the BoD, the Executive Committee or the AGM;
- Ensuring the Agency undergoes the necessary cyclical external reviews.
The DoA is appointed by the BoD for a period of maximum 3 years and may be re-appointed.
S/he must not interfere into the independent work of Reviewers and Commissioners.
S/he reports to and is a non-voting member of the BoD.
You can contact the Director of Accreditation by email: